The Grand Forks Parks & Recreation Foundation is honored to participate in Giving Hearts Day sponsored by the Dakota Medical Foundation (DMF).
This Giving Hearts Day, the Grand Forks Parks & Recreation Foundation is raising funds for youth recreation scholarships in order to ensure every local child has the chance to play! Your generous gift (of $10 or more) will be matched and go directly towards funding youth recreation scholarships for local kids in need.
- Donate anytime now thru Feb 8, 2024, by going to www.givingheartsday.org & clicking on “Donate Now”
- Choose “Grand Forks Parks & Rec Foundation” from the participants list
- Enter your donation of $10 or more & proceed to checkout
Every child deserves the chance to play!
Your 2024 Giving Hearts Day donation will help us fund recreation scholarships, ensuring every local child has the opportunity to get active and live a healthier lifestyle.
Kids ages 6-17 need at least 60 minutes of activity every day.
Research* shows that kids need daily activity to:
- Strengthen bones & build muscle
- Maintain cardiovascular health
- Improve overall mental health
- Develop lifelong healthy habits
* Data from the CDC’s Physical Activity Guidelines
More than 40% of children in Grand Forks qualify for Youth Recreation Scholarships. Last year over 450 kids received financial assistance so they could participate in Park District programming. With your donations, we will continue providing a nurturing environment of fun activities to all children within our community.