Created by Mr. Pete Ulland to support youth recreation programs. The Grand Forks Parks & Recreation Foundation Ulland Fund grants up to $20,000 annually to local recreation, sports, leisure activities, arts, and nature-focused programs/projects. Each organization is permitted to request up to $1,000 annually.
Eligible applicants will qualify for grant funding if they meet all three qualifications:
- Supports Grand Forks: Must be located within Grand Forks, and/or primarily service the residents of Grand Forks.
- Non-Profit Organization or Local Government: Must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit or a Grand Forks government entity.
- Promotes Recreation and/or Parks: Primary purpose of the organization or the grant funding program request must align with Park District’s public purpose of serving recreation (sports / physical activity, arts, leisure activity, etc.) or parks (nature, conservation, public open space).
Submission: October 15 – November 30
All Ulland Grant applications will be accepted October 15 – November 30 by email or mail.
Deadline: November 30
Applications must be received by November 30 to be considered.
Review Process: December 1 – 31
Application review will occur December 1 -31.
Funds Awarded: January 15
Organizations will be notified of grant funding by January 15 and will receive a check by mail. All Ulland Grant awarded funds must be used by September 30 and a summary report given.
Below is the submission process all applicants are required to follow to be considered for a Ulland Grant.
Submission: Grant applications will be accepted October 15 – November 30. An application must be received by November 30 by email or mail to be considered. Confirmation of receipt of application by the Grand Forks Parks & Recreation Foundation is the responsibility of the organization applicant.
- Email | If emailing an application, please send your email to [email protected] with the subject line “Ulland Grant Submission”.
- Mail | If mailing the application, mail to Grand Forks Parks & Recreation Foundation, Attn: Ulland Grant, P.O. Box 12429, Grand Forks, ND 58208-2429.
Review / Granting Process: The application review process will occur in the month of December and your organization will be notified of grant funding by January 15. Grant awardees will receive a check in the mail. Preference will be given to Grand Forks Park District current partners, projects/programs that more closely align with our mission/public purpose, financial need, and projects/programs with more public impact.
Expectations: The awarded funds must be used by September 30 for the purposes outlined in your submitted grant application. Upon completion of the project/program, please provide us with a summary of what you were able to accomplish and documentation of expenses in which the grant funds were used. If the project has
not been completed within that timeframe, your organization will need to report to us to retain any unused funds, or the unused funds will be returned to the Grand Forks Parks & Recreation Foundation’s Ulland Grant pool.
Recognition: Additionally, we ask that when referencing our organization’s support through social media, you would use the handle @GrandForksParks and/or hashtag #GFParks. When promotional program/project materials are created, we ask that our Grand Forks Parks & Recreation Foundation logo would be used to show our support of the project/program. Our logos can be downloaded HERE >